Just Amleth

Monday, June 27, 2005

FAT!!! (Part Deux)

Ahhhh!! I'm really fat!! So fat that when I wear some shirts, I look like George Clooney wearing his batsuit. Argh!!!

Solutions to the fat problem:
1. Eat normal portions when I travel (in other words, eat only 50% of what I normally eat when I travel).
2. Run at least twice a week (no excuses!)
3. Try the hoola hoop (saw it at Punggol CC yesterday). I am told that it would help one reduce one's waistline. According to Jun Ming, it is easily available, but I think I'm blind ....
4. Wear darker clothing. Darker clothing makes a person look less fat than he really is.

Solution number one will be tough. With so much good food right in front of me, it is hard to resist the temptation to take just one more bite. I reckon I must've tried half the fancy restaurants in KL. My colleagues who travel with me also tend to order a lot, which does not help my waist trimming the slightest bit.

Solution number two really depends. In some places such as Brisbane in Australia, I am quite inspired to exercise three times a week, as the air is fresh, and the environment pleasant to run in. For other places like Hong Kong, Calcutta and Kuala Lumpur, it is a bad idea to run outside unless you do not mind getting lung cancer. In these places, the hotel gym plays a huge role in my inspiration to run.

Some gyms like the gym in Excelsior Hotel in Hong Kong and the Sheraton Sonar Bangla Hotel in Calcutta is very nice and conducive for exercising -- I exercised almost once every two days in these locations. Others like the hotel I lived at in KL, and another hotel I lived at in Calcutta (I cannot name them for obvious reasons) were far less inspiring. I never paid these gyms a second visit, and grew fatter in the subsequent weeks.

Solution number three sounds interesting. If only I can figure out how to get the hoop to stay around my waist ....

Solution number four is something I will be practicing whenever I go out. Don't be surprised to see a man in black.

I hope the air is fresh in Stuttgart.