Just Amleth

Saturday, September 11, 2004

My new Olympus C-460

I now declare that I am the proud owner of an Olympus C-460. It has been two weeks already, and I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I'm dying for the opportunity to use it ..... the feeling is kind of like buying a new car and then leaving the car in your garage for two weeks.

Buying the camera itself was a tough decision. It was at the Olympus booth, during the COMEX show that I bought the camera. At that time, I had trouble deciding between the Olympus C-460, the Mu-410, or the C-770. The "kiasu-ness" in me wanted the C-770 because of all the nice, cool features it had (99% of which I would be using 1% of the time). The vanity in me wanted the Mu-410 because it looked pretty and slick, and it was supposed to be able to tolerate even the most extreme weathers.

It was a good thing that I met a decent salesperson (after I talked to two other salespeople, who wanted me to get the C-770 because they would get higher commissions), who encouraged me to buy the cheaper C-460 instead, due to my "novice" status. If I had not met this guy, chances are that I would have bought the C-770 already (and spend an extra $250 on features I would hardly use). We need more of such salespeople in Singapore.

I will be going to KL next week. I am quite determined to use my camera when I'm there, and no one shall stop me from doing so at the pain of death.