Just Amleth

Monday, July 04, 2005

Monday Blues

Alright, looks like my Germany trip was cancelled at the last minute (I was forced to reschedule all my personal matters to the early part of the week, and now I'm told that it was all in vain). Grrrrr ....

So I went to work this morning, and again I was called into my manager's office.

"Hey, I need you and XXXXX to travel to Australia."
"Ok, but we have training next week. So I suppose it will happen after the training. Unless .... you don't mean this week, do you?"
"Yes, you need to go this week. In fact you need to go tonight." (geeee .... what's with all these one-day travel notices?)
"Ahhh ... ok. Is it confirmed?"
"No, but I will be able to confirm it within the next one to two hours."

So I made all the travel arrangements. Booked myself on the 8pm flight to Sydney enroute to Canberra. Booked my hotel, made arrangements with my Australian counterparts.

So, here I am right now, at home. I have finished packing my bags, and am waiting to head down to the airport within the next half an hour. Looks like I'm going for real this time.

My colleague, Elton, puts it succinctly -- "Nothing is confirmed until you are sitting on the plane." So much for certainty.