Just Amleth

Thursday, June 05, 2008

One Year Hiatus

It has been almost a year since I've updated this blog. So much has happened in the last year! I laughed. I cried. I loved. I hated. I was filled with joy. I was filled with deep sorrow. God has blessed me abundantly. God has humbled me. God has refined me through trials -- I have gone through the valley of the shadow of death.

But God has never abandoned me. Even in my darkest days, He was with me, and I have been deeply humbled by Him.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." -- James 1:2-3

I must confess that there was a time, when I did not really love God. I went to church every week, read the Bible and prayed -- but it was a lifeless Christianity. And if I prayed at all, I had to ask God to help me love Him. Perhaps, this is God's answer to my earlier prayer -- just that it was not how I expected it. Then again, I cannot see how else He could have done it. How do you break a hardened heart? It was just ... perfect.

While in the valley, one always wonders if God is there. When a person goes through severe trials, he can either draw closer to God or drift away. During those dark days, I was in great danger of the former, and I shudder at the thought! I am grateful that God has brought me back to Him.

This one thing I know -- If you truly seek God with all your heart, you will find Him.