Just Amleth

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Wow! If only I were at the receiving end of the prenuptial agreement. I hope this won't set a precedent for marriages .....

Just like the WorldCom shareholders, Porter has lost everything, too. "I've been wiped out," he says. "And it is not so easy to go and find at job at 61. I am not sure what I will do right now."

Porter can perhaps count on Willa, 43, his fourth wife, to pay for groceries. When they married six years ago, they entered into a prenup agreement that was supposed to pay her four annual payments of $2.5 million just for being married to him. She's only collected two, and is listed among the creditors. It is likely assets belonging to Willa will be off-limits to her husband's other creditors. She has already received millions in cash and valuable artwork, cars and other items that Porter transferred, according to the bankruptcy filing.