Just Amleth

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Misadventures with food

I seem to be eating lots of rotten stuff. My latest addition is moldy bread. After a long cycling trip, I had become really hungry and just grabbed some wholemeal bread from the kitchen.

The first slice of bread was delicious and really warmed the stomach. I started on the second piece, which happened to be the bread at the end of the loaf with the crust. It tasted quite good initially. After that it started to taste a little ... fruity. I was taken aback, as I did not quite expect a fruity taste from wholemeal bread. Upon closer examination of the bread, I discovered mold on it!!

Somewhat worried, I started searching trusty old Google, and I found an article about eating moldy bread.

It depends on the bread mold; some are harmless, some are indigestible and can make you throw up, some are poisonous and can make you very ill or kill you.


Just great. I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out if the mold I ate was poisonous.